Last night I hosted a What's New Wednesday session on Instagram Live that was jam packed with new supplies that have recently arrived in the shop and some tips and tricks on how to stitch Sashiko samplers.
You can view all of the new items I talked about by browsing the New Arrivalssection of the shop. Here are the direct links to a few of the items I highlighted...
- Misuya Sewing Kit
- Pencil Sharpeners
- New Presencia Perle Cotton Colors
- Washi Tape Sets (Wamon & Rainbow)
- Paper Paper Clips
- Kutsuwa Colored Pencil Set
- Clover Thread Tweezers
- Clover Chacopy Tracing Paper
- Sashiko Samplers
- Sashiko Thread
The Books I mentioned for finding Sashiko designs:
- The Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook by Susan Briscoe
- Make & Mend by Jessica Marquez
- The Olympus Hitomenzashi Textbook (Not available for Retail sale, but here is the ISBN4939459649774, in case you ever come across one in your internet wandering)
The Different Styles of Sashiko:
- Moyozashi (Patterned Sashiko both Traditional and Modern Designs)
- Hitomezashi (Single Stitch)
- Kuguri-sashi (Stitch & Weave)
You can find the blog post that walks you through the order for stitching Hitomezashi designs here.
Here is your chance to win a Sashiko Stitching Bundle! This set includes 4 different pre-printed Sashiko samplers, the complete collection of Solid Olympus Sashiko Threads, 3 packs of Sashiko Needles, a Clover Sashiko palm thimble and an Embroidery Scissor set. Everything you need to start stitching!
- Leave a comment on this blog post
- For a Bonus Entry, subscribe to the Snuggly Monkey YouTube channel
A winner will be selected at random and announced on Tuesday, November 3rd. Good Luck!